A classic cookie recipe! Perfectly soft!
1. Preheat oven to 350. Use the microwave to heat butter so it is almost completely liquid, but not completely melted. I heated my butter in 15 second increments.
2. Use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer to combine sugars with butter until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg, but do not overmix.
3. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until the mixture becomes slightly crumbly. At this point my husband used his hands to bring the dough together. If it is too wet or sticky sprinkle with a little flour. Once combined add chocolate chips.
4. Split the dough into twelve and roll into balls. Place these dough balls on a baking sheet. If you wish you can slightly flatten with the palm of your hand.
5. Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes. I baked mine for 10 minutes. You want them to look barely golden. This will make them soft. Allow them to cool for about 30 minutes on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.