With how busy our lives can get, it is really important to find recipes that you can stick in your back pocket that are both easy and healthy. When my hubby is away I love to make food that normally he doesn’t like. I had some fresh basil to use up before my hubby and I left on our trip to Vancouver, and so I had to come up with some ways to use it up. One day I made an easy and quick Margarita Pizza! This recipe only needs 5 ingredients! This recipe is also very customizable and could easily be used as a dinner idea, or as a meal option for a fun birthday party!
This recipe would be great to try with seasonal tomatoes! With the warmer months coming up I’m looking forward to the farmer’s market with its fresh and local produce! It has been getting warmer here in Kelowna, and so I’m brainstorming some new recipes that are easy and quick so that the oven doesn’t have to be on for very long. I’ve also been trying to keep our budget in mind while planning our meals.
With the semester over, and work starting soon I’ve been able to make time for some of my hobbies and chores. I have been trying to write everyday, read and trying new recipes. I’m hoping to get a basil plant to place on my window sill and see if it will last. I have more of a purple thumb than a green thumb. I had enough skills to kill a cactus so… you know… I don’t know how much of a chance that poor basil plant has, but while it is around I plan on making some delicious meals.
A delicious, quick and easy margherita pizza!
- 1 Pita bread or naan bread
- 1 Tomato, sliced (I used a roma)
- Pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 5-10 leaves of fresh basil
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil (for brushing)
1. Preheat your oven to broil.
2. Top your pita bread or naan bread with pizza sauce. I prefer to use only a little bit.
3. Top the sauce with sliced tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Generously top the tomatoes with cheese.
5. Place the pizza in the oven until the cheese is melted and starts to turn slightly golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and brush with olive oil.