I have discovered the true bliss of being able to open up the fridge in the morning, and just having to grab a Tupperware container full of a healthy and filling lunch. I find that when I don’t do this I just end up staring into the abyss of my fridge hoping my half asleep brain will be able to come up with something somewhat edible for lunch. A couple weeks ago I put together some Turkey Meatloaf cups which are cooked in a muffin tin which makes them perfectly packable for a lunch. I paired these meatloaf cups with some white rice and some steamed carrots and broccoli. This Turkey Meatloaf recipe comes from Buzzfeed which you can find here. To make 6 meatloaf muffins use only 1 lb of ground turkey (I did this), or use the full 2 lb to make a dozen meatloaf muffins. The recipe below is for the dozen of meatloaf muffins, if you would like to make a half recipe like I did simply half the ingredients. I still used one full egg.
- 1 large egg
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, egg, tomatoes, basil, mozzarella and spices.
- Using a muffin scoop split the meatloaf mix evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes
- When cooked remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To serve: Place 2-3 meatloaf muffins into a Tupperware with rice and your vegetables of choice.