Last month my hubby and I took a greyhound bus down to Vancouver to surprise my Mom for her birthday! We hopped onto a bus after my last class on Friday and surprised her for dinner! My sister had planned a surprise party for her at her favourite Greek restaurant on Saturday and it was wonderful! It was so lovely to see my family as I hadn’t seen them since Thanksgiving!
When we got back on Sunday evening I had to throw together a quick and filling dinner. I wanted something cozy and delicious and warm because the bus was cold on the way home! For Christmas my hubby and I made a double batch of homemade gnocchi and packed it up to freeze. I used one of those packs to make this delicious dinner, but you could easily use packaged gnocchi. I love to use these packages to make some of our favourite cozy dishes. I also used my homemade marinara sauce and you can find here.
- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1/2 to 1 full container of marinara
- Shredded mozzarella
- Bring a pot of slightly salted water to boil. Add a package of gnocchi and cook according to package instructions. A good indicator of the gnocchi being done is it starts to float.
- Drain the gnocchi and add the marinara sauce. Adjust the amount of marinara sauce to the amount of gnocchi you have and how saucy you like it.
- Transfer gnocchi and sauce to a baking dish (I used an 8×8) and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Put in the oven under the broiler until the cheese melts and gets golden brown and delicious.
- Serve with green salad, veggies or garlic bread.