I love sandwiches. I love cold sandwiches and hot sandwiches, as long as I can customize them. I hate mayo so I can never eat those pre-made sandwiches they always seem to serve at events that you of course arrive to starving. These sandwiches are cozy and delicious. They have crispy chicken breasts, ooey gooey mozzarella, tomato slices, pesto and garlic butter. Instead of using any old bread or buns for this recipe I made my own garlic toast, and it was worth it. To make the crispy chicken breasts I use the same recipe for chicken parmesan which you can find here.
- chicken breasts (1 per 2 sandwiches)
- 2 slices of thick bread
- roma tomatoes, sliced
- garlic powder
- Prepare chicken breasts according to instructions for chicken parmesan here. Do not add marinara sauce.
- Melt butter in microwave and add garlic powder. Brush onto bread slices.
- Now it is time to assemble the sandwich: spread bread with pesto, add chicken breast, mozzarella and tomato.
- Grill on a pan or panini grill like a grilled cheese sandwich until cheese is ooey gooey and the bread is golden brown.
- ENJOY 🙂