The other night my hubby and I were up late studying for our final exams, and we both had a craving for something sweet and delicious. Luckily, I had some leftover white chocolate in my fridge leftover from making Red Velvet Truffles and so I decided to make brownies with a decadent twist. My hubby and I used a family recipe. I usually find brownies too rich and to be honest often they make me feel a bit sick to the stomach, but not these darlings. These are moist and gooey and chocolately. These are perfect with a cold glass of milk in my hubby’s case, or in my case a hot cup of orange pekoe tea. I shared a picture of these on instagram which inspired me to quickly write up this recipe.
- 6 oz chocolate (I used a mix of baking chocolate I had leftover and chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease 9×13 dish
- Melt 6oz of chocolate and butter over a pot of simmering water in a heat proof dish.
- While chocolate is melting mix together sugar, salt and flour.
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly and add the dry ingredients. Once the dry ingredients are incorporated add eggs one at a time. Adding the next one once the previous is fully incorporated. Once the eggs are incorporated add the vanilla.
- Add a pinch or two of flour to chocolate chips, and mix into brownie batter. This will prevent the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the dish and distribute evenly. I learnt this tip from the Barefoot Contessa.
- Pour brownie batter into greased 9×13 pan, and hit on the counter to let any extra air bubbles escape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- While the brownies are baking melt white chocolate over simmering water in heat proof dish. Once melted, slowly add a bit of cream off the heat to thin out the mixture so it is easier to pour.
- Pour white chocolate over brownies and spread out evenly. I didn’t wait until the brownies cooled completely so when I spread out the white chocolate glaze it added some crumbs to the glaze, if you wait until the brownies are cooled this shouldn’t be a problem.
- ENJOY 🙂