So you may have figured this out already, but chocolate is my most favourite. Growing up one of my favourite parts of the Christmas season was the advent chocolate calendar. I got to eat chocolate EVERYDAY! That was the dream! Last year my husband and I shared one of those fancy chocolate advent calendars, and this year I decided to try something new. I bought a set of chocolate molds and used our favourite chocolate to make our own advent chocolates! These are absolutely adorable. They are in the shapes of Christmas trees, snowmen, stars and Christmas ornaments. I love these. The molds are also super easy to use. The molds I bought are silicone molds which makes it really easy to get the chocolates out when they are set. This was my first time making chocolates and I loved it. I decided to use milk chocolate and to make a filling of white chocolate. And it was a very good idea. We used these chocolates to fill our own advent calendar which you can see here.
- your favourite chocolate
- First make sure your silicone molds are clean.
- Next melt chocolate in a double boiler or use whatever method you prefer.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon in the first layer of chocolate into each mold. I used a cake pop stick to help spread out the chocolate to all the edges and small places.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge until it sets.
- Next melt some white chocolate and us a teaspoon to spoon in the second layer. Use the same method as before. Return to the fridge to allow the second layer to set.
- Finally use a teaspoon to fill the remaining space in the chocolate molds. Use a flat edged instrument like the back of a butter knife etc. Pull this instrument across the molds to get a smooth, flat, even top to your chocolates.
- Return to fridge until the chocolates completely set.
- Once completely set remove from molds and store in a container in the fridge.
- You can use these as advent chocolates too.
- ENJOY 🙂