Quick, healthy and hearty meals are sometimes hard to come by. However, this chicken stir-fry is delicious and very satisfying. One of my favourite meals is pasta, but its a guilty pleasure, I can’t deny it. This stir-fry is loaded with vegetables and protein. This meal is extremely versatile. You can use any vegetables, and any protein options. In my stir-fry I used bell peppers, broccoli and carrots. You could use mushrooms, bean sprouts or any other vegetables.
- 12 oz rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced strips
- 2 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon peeled and shredded fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- few drizzles of sesame oil
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium high heat.Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir-fry chicken for about 3 minutes. The chicken does not have to be fully cooked but should have some colour. Remove chicken from pan and add the vegetables. Allow them to cook until the desired texture is reached (harder vegetables or softer vegetables).
- Combine ginger, chicken broth, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch to set aside.
- Add the chicken back into the pan until fully cooked. Once fully cooked add the noodles and the sauce. Once the noodles are well coated by the sauce it is ready to serve.
- ENJOY 🙂