I’m going to make a confession… are you ready? I overcooked these delicious chocolate chip cookie bars and it makes me so very sad. I’ve made this recipe before a couple months ago now, and they were so good. They were like the perfect chocolate chip cookie in my book. They were soft and gooey and stayed soft for days…and I was so looking forward to that experience again, but alas it was not meant to be.
I’m still going to post about it anyways because the recipe is delicious and trust me you want to try these. These lovely snack bars pair perfectly with a glass of milk or cup of tea or coffee. They are really delicious, except when you dry them out by over baking them.. DARN IT. You can find the link for the original recipe here
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or more… always more chocolate)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (if desired) (my twist)
- Cream softened butter and sugars together. Add vanilla. Add eggs one at a time. Beat until well combined and slightly fluffy.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips… it’s okay if you munch on a couple too (I won’t tell). Add nuts in at this point if desired.
- This is the part where I “taste” the dough to make sure it is okay and then try to resist eating the whole thing raw… yum yum cookie dough.
- Evenly spread the dough into a greased 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. DO NOT OVERCOOK, you will become sad and it will suck 🙁