This is my first recipe post and I think it is a particularly yummy one and my hubby definitely agreed. I decided to surprise my hubby with a delicious and decadent dessert because it is Friday night and who doesn’t love dessert?? The original recipe can be found here. I set my oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit… but not before making the mistake of setting it to 200 degrees Fahrenheit because I didn’t realize the recipe was in Celsius. I served the cakes with fresh raspberries. I would also recommend making a white chocolate sauce. The dessert is very rich but so comforting it is like eating a Sunday afternoon.
- ½ cup butter
- 220g semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Brush 4 ramekins with melted butter.
- Get a pot of water slowly boiling and turn down the heat to a simmer. Use a heatproof dish to melt the butter and chocolate over the pot. Continuously stir to prevent burning. Stir until smooth and butter and chocolate are completely melted.
- Stir in the powdered sugar.
- Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time. Combine until smooth and well incorporated.
- Stir in flour until well blended, do not over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the dishes you are using and bake for 11-15 minutes. Until the sides are set and the top bounces back a bit after being touched.
- Let the cakes rest, you can keep the cakes in their dishes or transfer them to a serving dish.
- To finish, dust with powder sugar.
- Serve warm. It is good with ice-cream as well as fresh fruit